New Zealand Government announces new award for senior scientists: LEARN GRASS Awards
Supporting research in
Agricultural Greenhouse Gases
To enhance collaboration and the building of mutually beneficial research partnerships between New Zealand and other Global Research Alliance countries
- Methane emissions from livestock and livestock wastes
- Nitrous oxide emissions from livestock wastes
- Enhancement of pastoral soil carbon sinks
- Integrated whole farming systems impacts at all scales as they relate to livestock emissions.
- National inventory development as it relates to livestock emissions
To be eligible, you must:
- Have a PhD or be a scientist with at least 5 years experience participating in/leading major projects that align to the priorities of LEARN, the Alliance or other relevant national strategies.
- Demonstrate impact and leadership in your professional field.
- Be able to contribute to scientific research and its application in your home region and the larger Alliance network, based on your networking record.
- Work in collaboration with a New Zealand research organisation.
- Be resident and normally employed on a permanent contract by a research organisation in an Alliance member country.
- Be fluent in English.
The exchange must be between 6 weeks and 6 months duration.
- Up to $30,000 for 6 months (pro rata for less than 6 months) will be provided to recipients to cover actual and reasonable living expenses.
- Up to $5,000 will be provided for economy airfares and travel/medical insurance.
- Up to $5,000 will be awarded for associated research costs.
How to Apply
Download the application form and budget sheet from the LEARN, Global Research Alliance or NZAGRC websites.
A two stage process applies.
An Expression of Interest (EoI) form must be completed and submitted to the New Zealand Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Research Centre (NZAGRC) to determine eligibility.
Once the NZAGRC Centre Operations Manager has confirmed eligibility, the candidate will be invited to submit a full application.
For more information contact:
New Zealand Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Research Centre
Attention: Centre Operations Manager (Global Research Alliance)
LEARN GRASS Awards Announcement (0.29MB)
Back to News