- About us
- The Situation
- News & Events
- Contact Us
NZAGRC Science Leadership Team
The role of NZAGRC Science Leadership Team (SLT) is to play a key part in the development, implementation and monitoring of all of the Centre’s science programmes and strategies. It consists of respected New Zealand-based researchers with excellent science credentials accompanied by strong leadership, communication, strategic and inter-personal skills with expertise in those areas of science covered in the NZAGRC Strategy and Science Plan.
Membership is agreed by the Steering Group and includes the NZAGRC Principal Investigators in addition to the NZAGRC Director and NZAGRC Operations Manager.
|Dr Graeme Attwood||AgResearch|
|Dr Cecile DeKlein||AgResearch|
|Professor Hong Di||Lincoln University|
|Dr Robyn Dynes||AgResearch|
|Dr Peter Janssen||AgResearch|
|Dr David Whitehead||Manaaki Whenua|
Science leadership & capability building
The NZAGRC is committed to providing opportunities for researchers to be trained and work with leading experts in New Zealand. Some students go on to continue their studies or enter a postdoctoral position under guidance from NZAGRC science leaders, other enter into industry based positions.
The NZAGRC supports more than 50 researchers and students by providing funding via its core research programme or via its student scholarships programme.
Below are profiles of our scientists and past students.
NZAGRC Senior Scientist - position vacant
The Role and opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate scientist to join the New Zealand Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Research Centre (NZAGRC). This is a fixed term position.
You will be responsible for monitoring New Zealand's science input into the Global Research Alliance and providing underpinning advice on collaborative research between New Zealand and international scientists from a range of disciplines. This will include overseeing the administration of large integrated research programmes. You will provide the NZAGRC with advice and leadership in climate change research.
What you will be doing
- Assess quality and delivery of science inputs against programme milestones
- Assist in the development of new, collaborative research programme
- Provide underpinning knowledge on climate change and climate change policy
- Compile written science recommendations suitable for policy audiences
- Ensure research contracted by the NZAGRC is of the highest standards
- Establish sound working relations and collaboration between key stakeholders
Your ideal background
- PhD degree in a climate change related discipline with particular emphasis on agricultural greenhouse gas mitigation
- Proven track record of research and development in agriculture
- Experience in negotiation, administration and monitoring of research contracts and research outputs
- Working knowledge of evidence informed policy establishment
- Knowledge and interest in New Zealand pastoral agriculture industries
When your work environment fits your values and your lifestyle, it's a better place to be! AgResearch provide a diverse range of benefits including flexible working options that help our staff balance their own lifestyle and needs with their work commitments. You can view the full list here: http://www.agresearchcareers.co.nz/working-here/our-benefits/
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today on the link below including CV and a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this position.
For a confidential discussion contact Harry Clark, NZAGRC Director on 06 351 8334
Applications close: 5pm, Thursday 14 June 2018