Do glucosinolate hydrolysis products reduce nitrous oxide emissions from urine affected soil?
S.F. Balvert, J. Luo, L.A. Schipper, Do glucosinolate hydrolysis products reduce nitrous oxide emissions from urine affected soil?, Science of The Total Environment, Volume 603, 2017, Pages 370-380, ISSN 0048-9697, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2017.06.089.
- The effectiveness of glucosinolate hydrolysis products at inhibiting N2O emissions in a high N environment was tested.
- Laboratory and field trials measuring N2O production and soil mineral N cycling were conducted.
- Some glucosinolate hydrolysis products reduced nitrification rates.
- Where inhibition occurred it was short lived.
- Glucosinolate hydrolysis products with different R groups did not inhibit soil nitrogen processes to the same degree.
Read more (external link)
Back to News